Ernar CHimbayev trains Turkmen billiard team to home Asian Games
Coming to Elemgoshar club, you can hear knocking sound of billiard balls, which speaks of organized work on green canvas of tables by billiard players who learn different combinations and develop the shots. Sometimes, the players come to the tables and study the pictures, schemes and photos. Specialist from Kazakhstan, Russian Billiard World Champion Ernar Chimbayev, his assistant, our compatriot Shirgaly Babayev and the Head of Turkmenistan Billiard Association, Captain of National team Batyr Ashyrov try not to disturb them.
- We decided to bring together 20 best players in Ashgabat and to start targeted training with them on each type of billiard, which are included in the programme of Ashgabat 2017 Games, - Batyr says. – The first section - Russian billiard, has three discipline, namely free, dynamic and combined pyramids. Turkmenistan will be represented by four players in each of them. In American pool, cannon and snooker, which are the most complicated varieties of the billiard, the teams will be represented by pairs.
- Our Head Coach Ernar CHimbayev knows all special features of the game and he has plenty of skills and knowledge. The only difficulty is that these disciplines were not very popular in Turkmenistan.
- I think, - Batyr Ashyrov continued, - that current team has a unique opportunity to be the pioneers… Look, they are assimilating snooker, cannon, pull.
- These types of billiard are distinguished by methods, tactical nuances, shots technique. I am glad with the attitude of the guys to this matter, they work very committedly. They can be proud that they are at the beginning of professional billiard in the country.
- Have you already decided the composition of the participants in different billiard types at Ashgabat 2017 Games?
- There are 20 people in the team – Amanmammed Annamamedov, Begench Aydogdiyev, Nurbardy Atayev, Ibabekir Bekdurdiyev, Kamaladdin Babayev, Bayramgeldy Chakanov, Kerim CHakanov, Batyr Geldiyev, Suleyman Ilamanov, Begench Jumaklychev, Aziz Durdiyev, Serdar Muratberdiyev, Serdar Meredov, Garly Sovetov, Ruslanbek Karanov, Shamuhammet TAshliyev, Shokhrat Metdiyev, Annanur Sakhatov, Ibragim Seyitniyazov, Bekmurat Bekmuratov.
- As you can see, the number of contenders is large and everything will depend on the level of training of the guys and the level of our opponents. There are 6 or 7 players in the team who plays well pool and pyramid and probably they will represent the country in all disciplines. We will not be guessing but wish success to our guys.