Following the results of the fifth Consultative Meeting of Heads of State Central Asia in Dushanbe signed an Agreement on strengthening the interconnectedness of land transport in Central Asia and the Dushanbe communiqué of the first meeting ministers of transport of the Central Asian states. Content of this major Agreement in the field of transport is disclosed on the website Transport and Communications Agency under the Cabinet of Ministers Turkmenistan.
According to the Agency, the Agreement includes:
– creating favorable conditions for the development of international
transportation by land transport;
– ensuring a competitive environment in the transport services market in
Central Asia region;
– increasing efficiency and creating new
international corridors, including multimodal ones;
– simplification of the process of transportation and transit by land
– development of modern transport and logistics services;
– introduction and use of innovative technologies, including
including digitalization of the process of transportation by land transport;
– encouragement and development of environmentally friendly practices
clean modes of transport.
Regarding the communiqué of the first meeting of transport ministers states of Central Asia, it states that countries region “will strengthen cooperation using bilateral and multi-stakeholder platforms that aim to develop and improving integrated transport routes and communications between the countries of Central Asia and other states. The parties will build the capacity of bilateral working groups on transport as an important tool for developing cooperation in field of transport and logistics in the region."